Nameserver in Python

Erwin S. Andreasen erwin at andreasen.com
Sun Apr 15 14:28:50 EDT 2001

Has anyone built a dynamic nameserver framework in Python?

What I am looking for is some classes that encapsulate DNS requests and
worrying about details like the internals of the DNS structures.

I only need a small subset of full nameserver functionality - I want to make
some dynamic data accessible via DNS (RPC via DNS in a way :) ).

There is an existing Java/Perl based project that does something like this,
but I couldn't see anything written in Python.