how to rebuild Python with static linking (freeze/AIX) ?

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Apr 4 10:17:43 EDT 2001

I've just built Python 2.1b2 (#1, Apr  4 2001, 15:58:55) [C] on aix4
(uname -a sez AIX RS01 1 4 009931444C00) via a vanilla ./configure

When I try to freeze a program, I get a

 Warning: unknown modules remain: _socket binascii cStringIO errno math
 pcre pwd strop time

Built result dumps core. Documentation says
"""
 A warning against shared library modules

 When your Python installation uses shared library modules, these will
 not be incorporated in the frozen program.  Again, the frozen program
 will work when you test it, but it won't work when you ship it to a
 site without a Python installation.

 Freeze prints a warning when this is the case at the end of the
 freezing process:

         Warning: unknown modules remain: ...

 When this occurs, the best thing to do is usually to rebuild Python
 using static linking only.
"""

Though the frozen program does not work when I test it (dumps core),
I would like to try this.

Any idea how to do that?