Opening up PEPS a little more.

Tom NoSpam at NoSpam.com
Sat Apr 28 17:48:30 EDT 2001

The PEP system is very good, and it contributes significantly to the 'open'
feeling of the Python development process.  Here are a few
questions/suggestions by a non-core python user.

- Is there a way to 'subscribe' to a PEP so that I receive notification (or
a copy of the PEP) each time its updated?  I would think that it might be
common to be interested in a particular PEP and want to know each time that
PEP is updated.

- If I go to the list of PEPS, and choose #234, I get the following page:
http://python.sourceforge.net/peps/pep-0234.html  But I now see that this is
two revisions behind.  So I'm guessing that the PEP maintainer has to update
these links manually.  If their way some way for the PEP index to link
directly to the lastest version in the cvs, or perhaps to the CVS log page,
then maintenance would be easier, and people like me wouldn't be reading
(slightly) outdated PEPS.

- It would be nice if each PEP had a public discussion forum.  Much the way
that many sites have discussion forums at the bottom of articles.  I take it
that, currently, most of these discussions take place on the dev-list.  I
see that the iterator PEP (#234) has a public discussion group, but I didn't
notice that at first - maybe the pep could include a link to the group.

Tom.