OT - Closing Off An Open-Source Product

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Apr 15 04:14:00 EDT 2001

phil hunt wrote:
> Why is that bad, but taking free code and putting it into a closed-source
> product, thus also killing its free nature, is somehow good?

when people use my code in closed-source environment, I've helped
them do a good job, deliver a better product, and get home by five
to play with their kids.  that makes me feel good.

when people relicense my code under GPL, they're telling me that
they're morally superior, and that I haven't yet understood the true
nature of open source development.  doesn't make me feel good.

Cheers /F