ANNOUNCE: A *second* Python 2.1 release candidate!

Don Tuttle tuttledon at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 21:56:25 EDT 2001

Tonight at diner, at my favorite restaurant, I pissed of the waitress by
asking if they had gotten rid of that "swill" they called ice tea yet.  This
surprised me because she hasn't drunk ANY tea in two weeks, ever since the
change, because it's so bad. She agrees with me!  Why should she get upset?

After some thought I realized she was involved with trying to get the
problem corrected with the supplier.  She took my comment as a sign that she
wasn't doing her job well. After all, this has been going on for two weeks.
But that wasn't my intent.  I just wanted to know if I could have a good
glass of iced tea with my dinner.

Tim, you're the one who taught me what a pain in the ass it is to release a
new version of Python.  If you and the dev team felt that 2.1 was ready to
be released last Friday (the 13th), it would have been fine with me.  But
you didn't.  Instead you went to the trouble to build another release.

It's the fact that you went to all this trouble, but only allowed 4 days of
use, that brought me into this discussion. This seems rushed.  Why go to all
this trouble if you're not going to give users the time to test on all these
different platforms?  And yes, the holiday weekend does matter here.  It
seems this is being done simply to meet some arbitrary deadline and this
worries me.

I appreciate all your hard work Tim, but we are going to have to "agree to
disagree" on this one.

Don