Jython, IBM's Java, and Red Hat 7.1

Paul F. Kunz pfkeb at localhost.localdomain
Wed Apr 18 21:04:24 EDT 2001

   I have a problem with the combination of Jython 2.0,IBM's Java 1.3
 and Red Hat Linux 7.1.   I run Jython with option `-i' that invokes
 a Python script which imports Java package classes as Python
 modules.  All that happens is that two Java processes consume all the
 CPU time (50% each).   The same scripts with Sun's JDK1.3, same
 Jython, and Red Hat 6.x or Windows NT/2000 works fine.

   Does anybody have a clue?   Any known problems with Jython and
IBM's Java?   Might it be a Red Hat 7.x problem?