MIME/Base64 oddities

David Given dg at pearl.tao.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 10:28:30 EDT 2001

I'm using MIMElib and base64lib to decode mail archives, and I'm finding
what I suspect are bugs. In particular:

* On some base64 blocks, base64lib gives me `Incorrect Padding'
exceptions.

* On some messages, mimelib bails out with `illegal argument type for
built-in operation' errors in section_divider. On others, in particular
mailer daemon multipart messages, it keeps handing me the same attachment
indefinitely.

I can provide sample messages that cause both of these errors; it's
completely reproducable. Has anyone encountered anything like this before?
Who wrote these modules? Are there any known bugfixes?

I'm using the Debian unstable Python 1.5.2.

--
+- David Given --------McQ-+
+- http://www.cowlark.com -+