Revised Python job survey

bowman bowman at montana.com
Sun Apr 29 20:57:38 EDT 2001

"Joseph Santaniello" <someone at _no-spam_arbitrary.org> wrote in message
news:Pine.LNX.4.33.0104291408250.10393-100000 at harmony.arbitrary.org...
> All I want to be
> able to say is "I got 10 apparently well-qualified people on
> comp.lang.python say they would consider moving to LA for the right
> money."

You might want to dig a little deeper, then. I guess I could honestly say
I've been using Python for three years. Pressed further, I'd admit I only
use it for system utilities and testbeds. 95% of my work is in C/C++.
Virtually all shippable apps at my company are written in C, with 1 each
maverick Java and Tcl/Tk apps. Most scripts supplied to our users are either
Korn shell or Perl.

Not that I disagree with your goal, but unless you're doing followups, this
survey will not impress any manager. (if it does, maybe I would be
interested in moving to LA. I haven't had a gullible boss in a long
time.....)