why python annoys me

s713221 at student.gu.edu.au s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Thu Apr 19 06:15:41 EDT 2001

> If this was a troll, it worked pretty well.
>
> --
> Remco Gerlich

*chuckles* I've never seen a troll "work" in comp.lang.python in the two
years I've been on this list. All it seems to generate is a series of
polite, reasonable and adult replies where everyone either:
1.) States documented language features and why they were adopted
2.) their own opinion, with the qualifier that it IS their own opinion,
and of course others have the right to their own opinion.

All trolls seem to do is generate a clear list of advantages and a (much
shorter *grins*) list of disadvantages to the language. Maybe we should
copy this thread wholesale to the FAQ?

Joal Heagney/AncientHart

PS: I LOVE this newsgroup.