Python and Dock Apps...

Dave Sellars dsellars at windriver.com
Tue Apr 17 10:40:57 EDT 2001

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:10:13 GMT, Adam Gurno <abg at saturnsys.com> wrote:
>Hi All,
>	While browsing for new Dock Apps to use with Blackbox, I came across this:
>http://www.kryogenix.org/tech/wm8ball.py.txt
>
>	However, I can't find *any* other information on wmdock.py.
>
>	Anyone know of any locations or can find anything else?

It don't work with most recent versions of Tk *.x) because Tk doesn't allow
windows in the 'withdrawn' state to be mapped, which means they don't get
put in the Blackbox 'slit' (which is the dock you referred to).

BB looks for windows being mapped for the first time, with their 'initial
state' (in their WMHints) being set to WithdrawnState, and if so sticks them
in the dock. Tk just doesn't play at this point, so it won't work.

I tried wmdock.py, and maybe it used to work with some older version of Tk
but not (as far as I can tell) with the 8.x series.