Help closing seconds Tkinter window

Rob Eden rob at netzilient.com
Mon Apr 30 18:08:24 EDT 2001

Hi All-

    I have two windows in my application: one is the "main" winodw and is
always present, so it's using the default window. The second window is only
available sometimes, so I'm using a Toplevel. The second window can
disappear for two reasons: 1) the user clicks a button (this part's easy) or
2) after a timeout.  This does not seem to be easy.

    I've tried using destroy(), but it just seems to ignore it. I've tried
using withdraw(), but that hangs. So, being a Java programmer, I figured
that maybe the GUI thread needs to call this method. The only way I could
see that I thought might do this is the "after()" method... but that also
hnags when called. Since there's no good documentation for that method that
I've found (if it exists, please point me!), I'm not really sure that that's
even what that method does.

    Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rob
rob at netzilient.com