tools in documenting python program???

ed_tsang at yahoo.com ed_tsang at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 8 13:12:07 EDT 2001

Hi

I currently have a bunch of script that I need to write documentation
on. But since the code itself changes during the patches or even
dring the implementation process, I need to constantly checking all
the docuentaiton matches. This is a pain in the ass and it is hard to
maintain ....

The documentaion involes are design doc, user manual, test case
specificaiton, training presentaion ... since each document requires
different information, ie different code fragment from the code, I
cannot just do a simple text extraction...

For example:

design doc, will needs all the private and pubich function definition
and comments, some art of the user code and class internal data.
Design doc in Microsft word format

user manual only need the public funciton definitiion and comments
and some of the user code.
Microsfot word format.

training presentation only needs some of the user code and some of
the more frequently used public function....
Microsoft power point format.

test case specification, will need some of the internal funciton and
some of the public function. IT is in frame makeer format ..

Later on, they may want a online help which I do not know what
format, they want...but surely needs the capability to let user to
navigate ....

Also there is coding standard within this place, and I cannot just
add tags to the code for documentaton generation....
If documentaion tag is needed, then this tags need to be stripped off
and giving the back the code without the tag ....

Is there any kind of tool to do that? If not, anyone has idea about
how to do it?

If I make changes to the code, how can that change be reflected to
all these documents instantly? without doing cut and paste again and
again??