python, zope, UML .... ?

Alexandre Fayolle alf at orion.logilab.fr
Thu Apr 26 03:27:52 EDT 2001

On 25 Apr 2001 18:24:02 GMT, David LeBlanc <whisper at oz.nospamnet> wrote:
>I think UML would be an excellent means of visualizing a large Python
>project. After all, UML is supposed to be language neutral and an
>attribute of a class is an attribute of a class, whether it's typed or
>not.

I have a project, currently not advancing very quickly, for producing XMI
files from python files. The first step is called pypasax
(http://www.logilab.org/pypasax) which produces an XML representation of
a python module. When I get some spare time, I'll work on an XSLT to
transform this representation into a genuine XMI file. This should get me
a basic inheritance file, at least. For now, we use the result of
another XSLT to reverse engineer the code of Narval and manually update
Argo UML models.

(XMI is an XML format for the description of UML models and metamodels)

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).