GUI Toolkit API? (was: Tkinter and wxPython)

Niki Spahiev spahievi at vega.bg
Mon Apr 23 13:49:46 EDT 2001

Hello Vadim,

Saturday, April 21, 2001, 7:56:36 PM, you wrote:

VZ> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 19:34:46 -0400, Rocco Moretti <roccomoretti at netscape.net> wrote:
>>So why can't we make programs that can run under any windowing toolkit?

VZ>  But, to return to the main subject: I don't belive that you can do it. Even
VZ> with unlimited amount of free time (a strong assumption) it would still be
VZ> difficult to do it without creating a 100Mb monster library collapsing under
VZ> its own weight and complexity.

Well if we narrow target applications for maximum of ICQ clone (CAD is
out of question) my company has a solution. It can do many DB-FORMS
related tasks plus some pictures support. ITOH i made proof of concept
port of tkinter3000 WCK to wxPython. So it's possible to write portable new widgets.
I am thinking of HTML implementation on the same principle.

So small apps can use at least curses, Tkinter, wxPython and in future HTML.
Big apps can pack whatever they want.

--
regards,
 Niki Spahiev