Python Books for 2002

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Tue Apr 10 11:31:08 EDT 2001

In article <lcpuelnkl0.fsf at gaffa.mit.edu>,
Douglas Alan  <nessus at mit.edu> wrote:
>Konrad Hinsen <hinsen at cnrs-orleans.fr> writes:
>> claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) writes:
>>>
>>> 1.  I'll renew my periodic appeal for explanation
>>>     of what makes K&R so wonderful.
>>>
>>>     I think it is, too, but I have trouble being
>>>     analytic about it.
>>
>> It's concise. It doesn't suppose readers are stupid, and therefore
>> doesn't explain on ten pages what a variable is. I wish there were
>> something similar for Python.
>
>What's wrong with the Python Tutorial?  It did the job for me.

There's nothing wrong with the Tutorial, but one of the wonderful things
about K&R is that it *also* serves as a reference manual, something that
the Python Tutorial isn't so good at.  OTOH, IMO Python is significantly
larger than C, so it's probably not possible to have a single, small
combined reference/tutorial.

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Why is this newsgroup different from all other newsgroups?