Experiences with Ruby?

-11,3-3562,3-3076 ellard2 at is02.fas.harvard.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:20:14 EDT 2001

I am interested in hearing from anyone who is using Ruby or Python to
implement medium-sized programs.  I am considering rewriting a
medium-sized body of code (approximately 15-20,000 lines of C and
Tcl/Tk) in Python or Ruby.  (The code has gotten mossy enough so that
I have to rewrite it anyway; perhaps using C/Tcl/Tk again, but
preferably something better.) Both Python and Ruby seem like very
appropriate languages, but I don't have much experience with either.

If you have any comments about what it's like to write, test, package,
and support code written in Ruby or Python, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
	-Dan

Daniel J. Ellard - ellard2 at fas.harvard.edu