ActiveState going the wrong way

Tim Hammerquist tim at vegeta.ath.cx
Mon Apr 9 21:38:58 EDT 2001

Costas Menico <costas at meezon.com> wrote:
> Also the idea of a multiprogramming environment is just a dream. No
> one is going to program in Python and Perl at the same time.

I've done it many times this month.  But I don't remember ever being
called to the dinner table by the name "No One."

> Most people choose a language and stay with it.

Possibly true, but not a rule by any means.  There are Perl zealots and
Python zealots and very few in-betweens, but they do exist.

--
-Tim Hammerquist <timmy at cpan.org>
Well of *course* Perl should not be taught to everyone. It should