Can IDLE and ActiveState 2.1 Coexist?

Mark Hadfield m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz
Thu Apr 26 20:57:46 EDT 2001

From: "David Lees" <debl at nospamtheworld.com>

> I did as suggested and removed Python 2.1 and then installed the
> ActiveState 2.1 version.  I am unable to find how to start IDLE.  There
> is an IDLE subdirectory, but it appears to just be extensions used by
> the ActiveState version.  Can you tell me where how to start up IDLE?

On my system either of the following files can be used to run IDLE:

C:\Program Files\Python\Python21\Tools\idle\idle.py
C:\Program Files\Python\Python21\Tools\idle\idle.pyw

Note that I installed ActivePython into "C:\Program Files\Python\Python21"
rather than the default location, which I think was "C:\Python21".

Do you have either of these files?

---
Mark Hadfield
m.hadfield at niwa.cri.nz  http://katipo.niwa.cri.nz/~hadfield
National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research

--
Posted from clam.niwa.cri.nz [202.36.29.1]