win32com_garbage collection, another QTN

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Apr 26 09:08:35 EDT 2001

zzzzz wrote:

> The following command returns a Workbooks object that I don't assign
> to anything:
>
>>>state.Workbooks.Open("G:\\MH_State_Flow_7.xls")
>>>
> If I do:
>
> wbook=state.Workbooks.Open("G:\\MH_State_Flow_7.xls")
>
> and then:
>
> state,wbook=None,None
>
> then this works & I don't need to call the Quit() command.

This will be true at an interactive prompt, as the result of the
previous expression is stored in the special '_' variable.  Just typing
"1" at the prompt should also kill it (storing 1 in _)

It should not be true if the code is executed in a script...

Mark.