Program to Choose a Programming Language: Recursive Decision Analysis 101...

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 05:00:38 EDT 2001

Ron Stephens wrote:
> With the help of good folks on this list, the following Python program
> has been created to help a newbie choose between and amongst 11
> languages, namely Java, Visual Basic, C++, C, Lisp, Delphi (Pascal),
> JavaScript, Python, Perl, Ruby, and Tcl...
> Now, I keep coming up with Python, given my preferences, but your
> mileage may vary...

Isn't that always the right answer anyway? :-)

It seems to me that, thanks to the magic of Python, you could condense this
whole program to the following:

    print "Choose Python"

(Perl programmers can apparently faintly hear the hissing of that very phrase
 amid the dialling tones of their modems)

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist
Get testing at http://pyunit.sourceforge.net/