modem

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Apr 10 13:47:32 EDT 2001

In article <mailman.986907253.9664.python-list at python.org>, Chris Gonnerman wrote:

>Sounds like what you REALLY need is a serial port module.  I
>looked in the Vaults and found one that sounds about right,
>PosixSerial.py, but the site is misconfigured (looks like it's
>under construction) and you can't get the file there.
>
>Does anyone on the list have a copy they'd like to donate?

If that's the one I wrote, it's at:

 ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/python/

There's also a file there called lcom.py that is a fairly dumb
"terminal" program using GTk that shows how PosixSerial.py can
be used.  PosixSerial.py is basically just a friendly wrapper
around the termios stuff.

You might be able to use the "expect" module to to fancier
scripting stuff (time-outs on expected input, etc.).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I am KING BOMBA of
                                  at               Sicily!...I will marry