Redhat 7.0 and Python 2.0

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Apr 3 22:45:32 EDT 2001

On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 09:12:10PM -0400, Glenn R. Williams wrote:
>I am having trouble using Python 2.0. Redhat 7.0 system configuration
>programs like control-panel are written in Python (which is good), but
>their cryptographic module in lib-dynlink doesn't work with Python 2.0.
>Has ayone else experienced this problem?

Seems like you need to enable the "crypt" module when building Python.
Alternatively you might want to try my 2.0 SRPM from
ftp://ftp.tummy.com/pub/tummy/RPMS/SRPMS -- install it and comment out the
line in "/usr/src/redhad/SPECS/python-2.0.spec" for "binsuffix", then do
"rpm -ba /usr/src/redhad/SPECS/python-2.0.spec" to build the binary RPM.

Sean
--
 A ship in port is safe, but that is not what ships are for.
                 -- Rear Admiral Grace Murray Hopper