After Parrot, what next?

David C. Ullrich ullrich at math.okstate.edu
Thu Apr 12 11:29:37 EDT 2001

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:45:59 GMT, "Fredrik Lundh"
<fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

>Neel wrote:
>
>> You're too late.
>>
>>   http://www.w3.org/TR/xexpr
>>
>> Yes, I thought it was a joke at first too, but no joy. How can
>> anyone possibly consider this a good idea? The mind boggles. :(
>
>some XML-heads dream of the day when everyone is using XML editors,
>and plain text editors are outlawed.

There could be such persons, but I seriously doubt that that's what
the authors of the thing had in mind. You can get a better idea
what they might think the point was by reading the first sentence
of the document:

"In many applications of XML, there is a requirement for using
XML in conjunction with a scripting language."

>  in that universe, an XML-based pro-
>gramming language might make some sense.

Also _might_ make some sense _in_ an application of XML?