bsddb.error

Robin Dunn robin at stop.spam.alldunn.com
Tue Apr 24 15:35:42 EDT 2001

"Romuald Texier" <rtexier at elikya.com> wrote in message
news:9c3blo$p6m$1 at news.irisa.fr...
> Mark blobby Robinson wrote:
>
> > Hi Romuald,
> >
> > thanks for the advice. Can you tell me how to force shelve to use gbd or
> > direct me to any documentation. I am have to admit I am a bit of newbie
> > both to python and linux, so sorry for being a pain in the arse.
>
> To be honest, the last time I did it, I was so irritated that I just
> removed the bsddb module from my system... It is quite a brute force way
> (shame on me).

You could always switch to bsddb3, found at http://pybsddb.sourceforge.net/.
It gives you lots of improvments over bsddb, gdbm, etc. such as cursors,
locking, transactional commit/rollback, safe multi-thread or -process access
to the DB, etc. and all of these are also available when using its version
of shelve.

--
Robin Dunn
Software Craftsman