NTFS permissions

Tim Howarth tim at worthy.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 10:58:52 EDT 2001

In message <9c40gn01k6i at news1.newsguy.com>
          "Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote:

> "Tim Howarth" <tim at worthy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:1af319704a%tim at worthy.demon.co.uk...

> > Is there any way to do a generalised API call with win32 ? (Staying in
> > Python, I've no/very little knowledge C-wise and certainly none about
>
> Yes, Sam Rushing's "calldll" is oriented to exactly that -- let
> you call any DLL routine (including API's) on Win32.

Thanks, thought I'd seen something like that.

So far have managed to copy a security descriptor from one file to
another but creating a new one fails somewhere.

>From the samples I found it looks like the easiest way to access
arbitrary 'C' parameters from API functions is to use "struct" on
calldll buffer objects.

Is this the best way ?

e.g. some calls simply point to an address which contains a long value
for the length of a buffer. Is there a quicker/easeier way to set the
value in memory ? (Some calls pass the length directly, ho hum.)

--
___