Python2.1 compile prob with tk 8.0/8.1a2 on Solaris 5.7

Dave LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Wed Apr 18 03:43:18 EDT 2001

Uhhh... those releases of Tcl are *older then dirt* now... and nobody
in it's right MIND would use Tcl 8.1 let alone an ALPHA of it! Tcl 8.1
of any flavor was a bit broken since it was in transition from ascii
to unicode (more or less) at the time.

If you're looking for a clean ascii implementation of Tcl, I suggest
Tcl 8.0.5 (or the mythical only in CVS psuedo 8.0.6 version).

I've heard that Python 2.1 uses Tcl 8.3 and thus is probably looking
for unicodish things.... but I have no real idea.

At a glance, it does look like Python 2.1 is looking for a more modern
Tcl API then what you're trying to build against.

Tcls can be found on SourceForge and the ActiveState site.

Dave LeBlanc

N.B. Releases of Tcl before 8.0 are *older then god* - dirt came later
;-)