ANNOUNCE: JPE, the Java-Python Extension - first beta release

Gerhard Häring gerhard.nospam at bigfoot.de
Sun Apr 29 22:14:02 EDT 2001

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:45:40 -0400, Frederic Giacometti wrote:
>April 28, 2001
>
>I am pleased to announce the first beta release of JPE,
>the Java-Python Extension.
>
> [...]

I am also very pleased to see this come along. This will be a very useful tool
:-) erm ... Python <-> Java makes a lot more sense than Python <-> Ada 95, but
I am digressing ...

Hmm, the build process was a little frustrating for me, but in the end it built
(with a gazillion warnings). When I try to run the TestDND.py sample, I get the
following error message on Linux (Sun or Blackdown JDK, using Python 2.1):

jvmarg = ['-verbose:jni', '-Djava.library.path=.', '-Djava.class.path=.']
jpe.c:432 dlopen </opt/j2sdk1.3.0/jre/lib/i386/server/libjvm.so>
Unable to load native library: shared object not open

Any idea?

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de