[ANNOUNCE] Umbra role-playing game 0.2 pre-alpha

s713221 at student.gu.edu.au s713221 at student.gu.edu.au
Sat Apr 21 20:03:04 EDT 2001

Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes wrote:

> Fri, 20 Apr 2001 20:45:46 +0200 in
> <mailman.987792402.21125.python-list at python.org>,
> Kalle Svensson <kalle at gnupung.net> spake:
> >Sez Mark 'Kamikaze' Hughes [regarding the GPL]:
> >I think you've got the "virus" thing all wrong.  It doesn't force you to use
> >the GPL for your programs unless they are derivative works of a program
> >licensed under the GPL.
>
>   Or unless someone else makes changes to your code to integrate even a
> teensy little bit of GPL-infected code, and then your code is diseased,
> too.

Aren't you one of the guys who doesn't want to release your code because
you're afraid people will run away with it? The way I see it, the GPL
ensures that if you decide to release code as open source, it stays
open. Just because it belongs to the open community, doesn't give others
the right to 'pirate' it for commercial closed source applications.

Joal Heagney/AncientHart