Class Variable Question

Douglas Alan nessus at mit.edu
Mon Apr 9 17:16:16 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> writes:

> > Why not be honest:  It's a wart on the language.

> If you're deliberately trying to insult, you're choosing your barbs
> pretty well -- here, implying dishonesty (a deliberate lie) in the
> technical assertions of people you have (as far as I know) never
> met.

I never implied that you were lying or intended any insult.  "Be
honest" is just an expression used to ask you to look more deeply and
see if something isn't so.  Also, I fully acknowledged that Python is
one of the best languages around and that all languages have their
warts.

> We have professional reputations, you know, and I consider you at
> the very least one of the rudest louts to have recently darkened the
> face of this newsgroup.

I have nothing more to say to you.  You have a hair trigger and I want
to stay as far away from you as possible.