Python-2.1 Debug libs zip is missing tcl &tk debug libs

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Thu Apr 19 19:44:30 EDT 2001

[Dave LeBlanc]
> Don't know if this was intended or not... but isn't tcl/tk->tkinter
> cnsidered part of the python core?

No; Tcl/Tk is only bundled with the Windows installer, and then mostly so
that newbies can run IDLE without wrestling with another installer first.  We
don't compile Tcl/Tk either, so have no Tcl/Tk debug files to ship (the
Scriptics installer doesn't include them).

BTW, what on Earth do you use the Debug.zip file *for*?  I stick into it the
union of every debug-build thingie anyone ever asked for, but I can't imagine
what use it is.  For example, if you're building C extensions, don't you want
to build your own Python from source code too?  I sure would.

not-sure-it's-possible-to-add-features-to-a-useless-thing<wink>-ly
    y'rs  - tim