ANN: BBLimage 0.63 - Tools for processing volume images

Paul Hughett hughett at mercur.uphs.upenn.edu
Sat Apr 7 15:01:15 EDT 2001

The source distribution kit for BBLimage version 0.63 is now available
from

http://www.med.upenn.edu/bbl/publications_downloads/downloads/software.shtml

BBLimage is a collection of tools for processing volume images,
especially medical images; it includes Pyvox, a Python extension
for large multi-dimensional arrays.

BBLimage is currently available as an alpha release under an
open-source license and is written in ANSI C and designed to be easily
portable to any Unix or Posix-compatible platform.  It is known to
compile and run on Linux/Intel 2.4 and Solaris/Sparc 7.  Some programs
also require the X Window System.

NOTE: Alas, the current version has only been tested on RedHat 6.2
Linux.  We are still digesting some recent major improvements and
portability has not quite caught up yet.  We *do* intend to fix this.

Paul Hughett

Paul Hughett, Ph.D.             Research Associate and
Brain Behavior Laboratory       Computer Systems Manager
10th floor Gates Building
Hospital of the University      (215) 662-2826 (voice)
    of Pennsylvania             (215) 662-7903 (fax)
3400 Spruce Street
Philadelphia PA 19104           hughett at bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu

        A rose by any other name confuses the issue.
                                  -Patrick E. Raume