News client in Python?

Sheila King sheila at spamcop.net
Sat Apr 21 14:46:54 EDT 2001

On 21 Apr 2001 18:17:44 GMT, David LeBlanc <whisper at oz.nospamnet> wrote in
comp.lang.python in article <9bsis8$6f0$1 at 216.39.170.247>:

:Anyway, after a long search and trying out serveral newsreaders, I found
:Gravity 2.5. Seems this is a recently turned freeware commercial package.
:WOW! It's very complete and seems well written.

That's interesting to hear. I had tried out Gravity before. It wasn't free at
that time, and I didn't care for it, as compared to Agent. Since I use Agent
(as opposed to Free Agent), so I'm not suffering from the lack of filtering
that you were experiencing.

I just use Xnews for reading a few newsgroups that I don't want to store so
much stuff on my hard drive. But it is true, it's an online reader only.

Anyhow, glad you solved your problem!  :)

--
Sheila King
http://www.thinkspot.net/sheila/