Réf. : Graduate thesis on Python-related subject

Patrick.Bussi at space.alcatel.fr Patrick.Bussi at space.alcatel.fr
Thu Apr 12 07:58:54 EDT 2001

Hello Jarno,

> Is there "official" (or other) interest in such study?

My unofficial (see below) position is that I would get much interest in such a
study. I've already read the articles available on python.org site, comparing
several langages. It was enough to convince me to start learning and using
Python for my personnal software developments. I am now convinced that this
langage would fit to many kinds of needs, especially due to its fast prototyping
capability. I miss arguments to be sure it can support final applications.
However, in my company, where I am managing a software department, convincing
experts (and the boss) to invest time to move/extend to a new technology, would
need concrete arguments. And industrials have generally no time/money to
undertake such comparative study, except when eagerly needed. Therefore your
study might contribute to spread python langage in the industry.

> Now, I'm still not sure whether I should write it in english.

No doubt. Be definitively sure. Even in an approximate English (as I write),
it's worth the effort. Almost each time I've written a white paper or study in
French, I've been requested to translate it in English some weeks after.

Hope it can help.

Regards.

---
Patrick Bussi
patrick.bussi at space.alcatel.fr

Any opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my Company.