adding text to jpeg images using Python/PIL/???

Rikard Bosnjakovic bos at hack.org
Sun Apr 8 02:09:32 EDT 2001

Greg Foltz wrote:

> I'm trying to add a name and copyright to jpeg's before publishing on the
> web.  Seems I remember seeing this question and answer sometime in the past
> but cannot find the answer now without deja.news.  Any and all suggestions
> solicited, perhaps with a code snippet.  I've googled and searched most of
> the usual Python sites without coming up with a good approach.

I'm not sure if PIL is good at this, but I would recommend Gimp and
Gimp-Python for easy and powerful Python-scripting with Gimp. It's
really easy to do things.

You can find it on James' page:

	<URL:http://www.daa.com.au/~james/pygimp/>

--
Rikard Bosnjakovic - http://a214.ryd.student.liu.se/cv/ - ICQ: 1158217

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to my address will be
charged $250 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my