Curl, the language/environment/markup language...(Spanish Civil War)...

Paul Prescod paulp at ActiveState.com
Fri Apr 13 14:38:02 EDT 2001

Christopher Barber wrote:

>  >> I am unware of any other client-side technologies, free or otherwise, that
>  >> can do what Curl can do.
>
>  > OK, I'll bite... what the heck does it do that is so cool I'd be willing
>  > to pay you per unit executed code for it?
>
> As I said, companies will be willing to pay based on usage if they can save
> money on their web-hosting costs by requiring fewer servers and less
> bandwidth.  From a programmer's perspective that doesn't sound very cool but
> from a business perspective it makes sense.

What is "in it" for the end-users? why would I install the Curl plugin.
I admit I'm one of those luddites that even thinks twice about
ShockWave/Flash/Acrobat. But even non-paranoids are resistent to
downloading binary extensions to their browsers.

--
Take a recipe. Leave a recipe.