Python + Borland - msvcrt = grr.

Paolo Invernizzi paoloinvernizzi at dmsware.com
Mon Apr 23 11:17:09 EDT 2001

"Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote in message
news:nlXE6.9158$4N4.2042457 at newsc.telia.net...
> other compilers complain about possible "use before assignment" if
> you don't initialize them to NULL...
>
> Cheers /F

I think that use before assignment is one thing, and assignment that is
never used is another...
But it seems to me that the Borland warning is right, as is an expression of
inefficient code...
The "use before assignment" complain of other compilers is justified? So why
dont follow the more efficient way of coding?

I dont work with a lot of compiler, but me too I'm a  Borland fan <wink>

Paolo Invernizzi
paoloinvernizzi at dmsolutions.com

PS... Okkk dont flame me!! I know is a less bug-prone practise ;)