Can't run "Python-2.1.exe" under NT...

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Apr 25 17:59:39 EDT 2001

"Tim Peters" <tim.one at home.com> writes:

> Won't fly.  While the Python installation is *mostly* straightforward, on
> NT/2000 boxes it has to do stuff conditionally depending on whether the user
> is logged into an Admin account.  According to the InnoSetup FAQ as of  4
> days ago, InnoSetup still can't handle that, and there's no way we're going
> to ship two versions of the Windows installer (newbies have an amazing number
> of severe difficulties choosing among the single installer we offer now <0.7
> wink>).

Perhaps the scripting support in ISX (hasn't made it into plain
InnoSetup yet) would work?  I seem to recall suggestions for functions
to determine current administrator state.

> Now in an ideal world, I'd like to add that capability and contribute it back
> to InnoSetup.  But there's no way I can make time for that.  So how about
> *you* do it <0.9 wink>?

If InnoSetup was in C/C++ I'd probably go for it, but Delphi is one
environment I just don't have around.

But I may poke to see about replicating current behavior with ISX - is
there an old Wise help file or something else to help decoding the wse
file?  A lot of it is obvious, but some of the flags and what not
aren't.

--
-- David