list vs tuple

Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk qrczak at knm.org.pl
Sun Apr 1 18:10:54 EDT 2001

1 Apr 2001 21:55:06 GMT, Joshua Marshall <jmarshal at mathworks.com> pisze:

> Python does pass by value.  It's just that the "values" are references
> to begin with.  In languages which pass by reference, assigning to the
> formal parameter changes the caller's state.

I would say that it passes by reference and doesn't provide an
operation called assignment in some other languages (it would have
to be defined separately for each type where it makes sense at all).

This is of course the same thing said differently.

--
 __("<  Marcin Kowalczyk * qrczak at knm.org.pl http://qrczak.ids.net.pl/
 \__/