bit by LONG_BIT (was Re: ActivePython 2.1 (build 210))

John W. Baxter jwbaxter at olympus.net
Sun Apr 22 12:52:15 EDT 2001

In article <3AE2EB1B.3656F989 at seebelow.org>, Grant Griffin
<not.this at seebelow.org> wrote:

> I installed Redhat Linux 7.0 awhile back

I made that mistake as well (on my laptop).  I've almost recovered from
the roll-back to RedHat 6.2.

The stock market analysts are looking in the wrong closets for the
cause of the recent decline in "tech stocks"...the actual cause was the
release of RedHat 7.0.

And now RH 7.1 impends.  And, since my laptop acts as a canary for our
important machines, I will install it. And I had Python 2.1 working so
nicely (a no-problem installation) on 6.2.  Ah, well...I should be able
to get 2.1 working on my Mac OS X machine before I destroy the
laptop...I mean put RH 7.1 on the laptop.

  --John (who hopes to become gruntled after playing with RH 7.1)