Booleans (was: Conditional operator in Python?)

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 4 09:44:35 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:9ad5ua06gt at news1.newsguy.com...
> "Russell E. Owen" <owen at astrono.junkwashington.emu> wrote in message
> news:9acvud$uk6$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu...
>     [snip]
> > anything except code that already used these as names. I suspect most
> > folks are not foolish enough to code with "true" or "false" (unless they
>
> Are you perchance assuming that everybody's variable names are
> in English...?

It seems he does... But if you *don't* use English variable names,
what is the chance that you'd use the worde "true" and "false"?
(OK, I'm sure they exist in other languages having other meanings,
but no we're not really talking major amounts of code... Or?)

[...]

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick