Classes as objects

Just van Rossum just at letterror.com
Fri Apr 27 03:44:45 EDT 2001

Ken Seehof wrote:
> Here's a debugging hack that messes with classes:
[ ... ]

While I agree it's useful to mess with this stuff for debugging, but you
don't need to go that for for classes to be useful as objects: classes can
be seen as factory functions, and passed around as such, eg:

class Foo:
	helperFactory = HelperClass
	def __init__(self, arg):
		self.helper = self.helperFactory(arg)