Pep 245

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Fri Apr 6 19:03:45 EDT 2001

[Michel Pelletier]
> As for DC having Python influence, well of course, but not the reasons
> that you speculate.  The reason is we're probably the biggest large
> scale Python production system in existence.  It's not because we pay
> Guido's salary.  And it's certainly not because I'm "influencing"
> Guido, at IPC 9, he didn't even recognize me or remember my name.

Indeed, now that I live in the same town as Guido, and work in the same
office, every day it's the same stinking thing:  "Hi, Guido!"  [blank stare]
"Guido, it's me!" [ditto] "Tim. Tim Peters." "Ah, Tim ... Tim?  I, ah, ..."
"You know, the tabnanny guy." "Ah, Tim!  It's so nice to meet you after all
these years.  I've been meaning to ask whether you'd like a job working on
Python ... but there are still so many licensing issues I need to resolve.
Can you come back in 6 months?".

those-who-can't-remember-their-tims-are-doomed-to-repeat-them-ly y'rs
    - tim