Generation of toolkit confusion (was: Tkinter and wxPython)

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Apr 20 15:58:34 EDT 2001

In article <slrn9dv0cu.34t.zeitlin at seth.lpthe.jussieu.fr>,
Vadim Zeitlin <zeitlin at dptmaths.ens-cachan.fr> wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:36:53 -0400, D-Man <dsh8290 at rit.edu> wrote:
>>Personally I like GTK+ the best, and it does work on *nix and Windows.
>
> Sorry to sound exhausted, but could people please understand one day that
>wxPython *is* GTK+ under Unix?? Even Cameron Laird wrote in his small
>wxWindows online article that wxPython/GTK "looks rather like GTK+". No, it
>doesn't look like it - it is just it (somehow I feel it is related to the
>difference between "is" and "=" but I just can't grasp it to make a
>sufficiently pythonic explanation ;-)
			.
			.
			.
!  I'm looking at that now, and I can't figure out from
*where* that sentence originated.  Let's leave that aside
for the moment; my first task needs to be to figure out
how to repair the damage.  Thanks, Vadim, for raising
this.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net