how to listen a port in use ?

Joseph C. Kopec kopecjc at att.net
Fri Apr 13 19:56:44 EDT 2001

Some simple suggestions:

1. The server listening to the port could signal the Python application
(perhaps the server even currently produces side effects that the Python
application could check -- for instance, a log file that logs connections).

2.  Much more intrusively (and efficiency destroying), the Python
application could listen to the port and forward to the real server.