Named code blockes

Tim Peters tim.one at home.com
Tue Apr 24 20:05:49 EDT 2001

>> I count four ways ('import', 'def', '=', and augmented assignment), not
>> counting 'globals().set' and similar tricks.

> Then there's class. I count five ways ...

Plus implicit assignment to formal parameter names upon function entry,
explicit assignment due to appearance as a for-loop target, and conditional
assignment in the (optional) second position of an "except" clause.  There!
Now you're done.

> nobody-expects-the-spanish-inquisition-ly y'rs  - steve

they-would-if-they-read-the-reference-manual<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim