equivalent of pascal's poitners in python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Sun Apr 1 00:58:41 EST 2001

cyberian bear wrote:

> Is there such a thing and if yes what is it called.
> The reason i'm asking is that i have to do huffman coding and i want
> to do
> it using pointers. I tried searching python.org for pointers but found
> nothing. maybe they are called something else in python.

Depends on exactly what you're trying to do, but everything in Python is
references, which are in many ways equivalent to pointers (at least for
mutable types).

/  \ If I had known, I would have become a watchmaker.
\__/ Albert Einstein
    blackgirl international / http://www.blackgirl.org/
 The Internet resource for black women.