Fortran Parser Question

Hassan Aurag aurag at geocities.com
Fri Apr 13 16:28:33 EDT 2001

Hi,

 I am trying to write a Fortran parser in python.

 What I need is really simple. Given a fortran file, get all variables
with their type and decompose arthmetic operations. Stuff like a = b+c
.... and check their types to see if those ops can be dangerous when
ported on various platforms.

 So, I won't need a full fledged compiler, but really something simple. I
am new to regular exps and friends, so if anyone can help with something
simple I can start with, please drop me a note!