snack module (newt wrapper by Python)

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Apr 20 11:00:07 EDT 2001

In article <3ADFE0A1.E4602326 at senux.nospam>, Brian Lee wrote:

>Any examples of snack module?

The newt source distribution comes with to demos (peanuts.py,
and popcorn.py) that show how most of the widgets work.

>I want to make a install progress bar in text mode by snack
>module. Is it possible with it?

Yes, the "scale" widget is what you want.

>And how can I edit/update text message after the screen
>is already printed?

The tutuorial that comes with the newt source distribution is
not 100% complete, but it's a good place to start.

If you can't find the current newt source distro anywhere, I've
put a copy of 0.50 at

  ftp://ftp.visi.com/users/grante/stuff/newt-0.50.tar.gz

I think you can get current sources as in SRPM format from
RedHat, and in some other package format from Debian.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  .. the MYSTERIANS are
                                  at               in here with my CORDUROY