[ANN] py2exe - version 0.2.5 released

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Wed Apr 11 14:31:23 EDT 2001

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 03:51:44PM +0200, Thomas Heller wrote:
> Version 0.2.5 of py2exe has been released.
>
> py2exe is a distutils extension to convert python scripts into
> standalone windows executables.
>
> The URL is: http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

Wow, nice work!  This is much easier to use than gordon's installer.

Has anyone successfully packaged a program using the zope
DocumentTemplate module?

I can't seem to get that one to package and work properly.  When I add
it to setup.cfg in a "packages=" line, out of the box py2exe reported
a "case mismatch error" on one of its modules (dt_raise vs DT_Raise).
However I couldn't find any mis-cased references to it in the code and
as soon as I started editing py2exe to enable debugging output to
figure out what was going on the problem stopped happening.

However, within a package, trying to use packaged DocumentTemplate
gives me an "AttributeError: import_top" in "<string>" called from
"imputil.pyc"

any ideas?

Greg

--
Gregory P. Smith   gnupg/pgp: http://electricrain.com/greg/keys/
                   C379 1F92 3703 52C9 87C4  BE58 6CDA DB87 105D 9163