function pointers

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at 3DProgrammer.com
Thu Apr 26 05:06:37 EDT 2001

Please pardon my ignorant questions.  I'm just trying to grok Python
efficiently as a complete beginner, without having to search endlessly in
every page of TFM.

I get the feeling that Python doesn't have anything resembling a function
pointer?  i.e. no way to call a specific function according to the value a
variable is set to?  In fact, I get the feeling it doesn't have pointers of
any sort at all?

--
Cheers,                                     www.3DProgrammer.com
Brandon Van Every                           Seattle, WA

For plot and pace, writers use words; game designers use numbers.
Anything understood over time has plot and pace.